Physical therapy is a rehabilitative medicine aimed at helping patients maintain, recover or improve physical abilities.
The physical therapy team at Tomah Health develops exercise routines that are effective without being too aggressive. Our physical therapists cater to individual needs and goals, working side-by-side with each patient to help re-establish optimal mobility.
MEET OUR STAFF CLICK HERE
Programs typically include activities designed to increase strength, flexibility, range of motion and balance. We treat the entire lifespan from infancy to adulthood. We provide assistance with physical conditions ranging from:
- Balance training and prevention of falls
- Cancer care
- Chronic pain
- Injuries and conditions affecting muscles, bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and nerves
- Post-Concussion care
- Post-Prostatectomy incontinence
- Post-Surgical rehabilitation
- Pre and Post-Surgical rehabilitation
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Sports injuries
- Swelling of the arms or legs (Lymphedema)
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Women's Health - pelvic pain and Incontinence
- Workplace injuries and ergonomics
At admission, rehabilitation patients at Tomah Health complete a health status questionnaire. The answers they provide help the physical therapist better assess the patient’s abilities and difficulties of physical function.
This advanced technology, known as Focus on Therapeutic Outcomes, Inc. (FOTO), allows the therapist to offer a concrete timeline of how long rehab may take and can help track the improvement of patient function, as well as patient satisfaction.
Contact Rehab Services at (608)377-8354.