When you need medical IVs and intravenous care, convenient treatment is a top priority. Tomah Health offers a suite of infusion services, close to home.
Sometimes conditions cannot be treated effectively with oral medication alone. With infusion therapy, treatment is administered through a needle, a catheter or a non-oral route. Infusion services can offer help with hematology disorders, oncology needs and serious infections.
At Tomah Health, we have infusion trained, chemotherapy certified and wound care certified nurses on staff to offer you the highest quality of specialized care. Our friendly and compassionate infusions team will put you at ease and help you toward a faster, stronger recovery.
Tomah Health’s infusion services include:
- Chemotherapy: Use of CTx medicines and chemo drugs to treat cancer intravenously.
- Biologics: Genetically engineered proteins designed to inhibit inflammation associated with rheumatoid arthritis and neurologic disorders.
- Blood Transfusion: Receipt of blood or blood products through an intravenous (IV) line to boost low blood levels due to surgery, injury or disease.
- Therapeutic Phlebotomy: Prescribed reduction of iron stores or removal blood for medical reasons.
- IV Antibiotics: Medications delivered to the blood stream for treating severe infection.
- Infused (Parenteral) Iron: IV treatment for patients with iron deficiency due to anemia, inherited conditions or prior surgery.
- Pharmacy Services: Work closely with Pharmacy Services to care for our infusion patients.
- Port (Portacath) Maintenance: Care for a central venous access device (CVAD) that allows for regular injection with less discomfort than a typical “needle stick.”
- Advanced Wound Care: Treatments for surgical wounds, difficult wounds or those that are not healing.
- Daily Dressing Changes: Bandage changes to promote healing and inhibit infection.
For more information about our infusion services, contact us at 608-372-2181.