Compassionate Care Close to Home
Hospice Touch and Life Choices Palliative Care are programs offered by Tomah Health to treat patients with serious and terminal illness or injury. Care is usually done in the patient’s home by a trained team of medical professionals.
Both programs deal with comfort, help for the caregivers and each patient’s right to make informed choices about their care and goals.
- Hospice Touch: Program of special care that enables people with terminal illness to stay at home under the care of a loved one along with a team of medical professionals.
- Life Choices Palliative Care: Program that assists patients with a serious illness whether the goal is cure or care. Inpatient and outpatient (home) services are provided by a team of medical professionals.
- The Hospice Team: Medical services, emotional support and spiritual resources are provided by a team that may consist of a physician, nurse practitioner, registered nurse, nursing assistant, social worker, chaplain and volunteers.
- Serenity House: Hospice and Palliative Care are offered from our 10,000 square-foot facility located at 601 Straw Street, Tomah. Includes state of the art equipment as well as rooms to care for up to eight Hospice patients.
- Grief Support: Our six-week Grief Support and Education series is held twice a year to help people deal with grief and loss.
- Education: Staff and volunteers from Hospice Touch or Life Choices Palliative Care are available to the communities we serve to speak on a variety of topics.
- Pet Therapy: Highly trained therapy dogs make visits to patients and their families, offering comfort and alleviating anxiety.
Learn about outpatient hospice and palliative care services at Tomah Health, and take a tour of our inpatient hospice center at the Serenity House.
For more information about our hospice and palliative care services, contact us at 608-374-0250.
Offices and Service Area
Both Hospice Touch and Life Choices Palliative Care can provide in home care within a radius from Tomah and Mauston, which includes parts of Monroe, Jackson, Juneau, Sauk and Vernon counties.
Main Office & Serenity House
Tomah: 601 Straw St.
Main Office (608) 374-0250
Serenity House (608) 374-8701
For more information on our Hospice and Palliative Care, call our main office at 608-374-0250.