Speech therapy focuses on evaluation and treatment for all ages as it pertains to speech, language, swallowing and cognition.
MEET OUR STAFF CLICK HERE
Our speech-language pathologists provide treatment for patients who have experienced or are experiencing any of the following:
- Stroke (Aphasia)
- Traumatic injury or accident
- Swallowing problems and disorders (Dysphagia)
- Speech and language delay or disorder
- Cognitive-linguistic impairment
- Parkinson's Disease (LSVT LOUD certified)*
- Huntington's Chorea
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Cerebral Palsy
- Alzheimer's disease and dementias
- Hearing loss
- Multiple sclerosis and muscular dystrophy
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
Whether it’s a patient dealing with the after-effects of a stroke, or a young child needing assistance in reaching language milestones, the speech-language pathologists at Tomah Health will identify activities to strengthen areas of weakness and work one-on-one to help each patient achieve their communication goals.
Contact us at (608) 377-8354
Parkinson's Support Group
Tomah Health's Parkinson’s support group meets the first Tuesday of each month to provide support for patients and family members, treatment options and social time.
For more information on our Parkinson's Support Group, contact Tomah Health staff: