Due to COVID-19, our facility is limiting visitors.
No visitors are allowed in our Emergency & Urgent Care Department (except for parent of a minor child under 18 yrs).
One visitor per patient for Acute Care, to accompany Surgeries or as a support for births in Women’s Health (18 years or older, at the hospital per 24-hour period).
Family and friends brighten your day and can help speed your recovery. During your hospitalization at Tomah Health, our goal is to provide an environment that promotes healing and provides a positive experience for you and your visitors. In order to accommodate the varied needs of our patients, the following guidelines should be explained to our visitors upon their arrival:
- Visiting hours are from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday - Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, with the exception of those patients located in the Special Care Unit. Special visiting hours are maintained on these units;
- Tomah Health is a smoke free hospital. Smoking is not permitted inside the hospital or patient rooms. There is a specified smoking area outside on the hospital grounds for those individuals who desire to smoke;
- For the rest and welfare of all of our patients, the television must be kept at a low volume. If you are visiting a patient who is sharing a room with another patient, the television may be requested to be turned off to allow for sleep. Nursing personnel may request that televisions be turned off at 10 p.m.;
- We encourage family visits, however, small children should be held by hand for their safety. To prevent transmission of germs, children should never be allowed to sit or lie down on the floor;
- We understand that some of our patients have special likes and dislikes regarding food. Please feel free to express your food preferences to the staff;
- Medications should be given to the patient by the nurse or physician only. Special circumstances will require a physician's order;
- We strive to provide all patients and visitors with a clean and pleasing environment. To allow our Environmental Services department to keep the patient room as sanitary as possible, visitors may be requested to leave the room so that it can be cleaned. We realize this may be an inconvenience, however, we suggest that visitors enjoy our cafeteria or a tour of our grounds during this time. We also have a beautiful lakeside waiting room available to patients and their families at the end of the south hall;
- To benefit all patients, visitors and staff, all visitors are responsible to conduct themselves in a polite and courteous manner. Any visitors who exhibit threatening behavior, or use of abusive or profane language, will be requested to leave the facility;
- Some families may have special circumstances that do not follow our visiting hours policy. Special needs are considered a priority. Please tell the nursing team leader, or unit manager of your requests, and every effort will be made to meet any special needs that arise.
Due to COVID-19, our Cafe is currently closed to the public. If a visitor wants to order food, they would order off the guest menu and the tray would be delivered to the department.
Vending machines are located on the first floor near our Emergency Department.
To call outside the hospital from your bedside telephone, dial 9, wait for the dial tone and then dial the number you wish to call. There is no charge for local phone calls. When dialing outside the local area, dial 9; and then 0 to obtain an outside operator who will assist you. The outside operator will ask you how you wish to be billed for the call. Charges may be billed to your home phone or to your telephone credit card. You may also make collect calls.
A telephone for communication impaired (i.e., hearing and speech) patients and visitors are also available. Contact your nurse for this service.
For your convenience, Tomah Health provides public wifi throughout our facility. Contact our main Admissions Desk for any questions.
Due to COVID-19, our gift shop is closed.
Lost and Found
Lost and found items are turned in to the Environmental Services Department and retained for 30 days. The department is located on the ground floor of the hospital.